Sector Water & Energy (Engineering and Policy)
Area Algeria, Germany
Period 1 Jan 2017- 31 Aug 2018
Budget Approx. 450 000 €
This project represents the second phase of the project successful completed “Higher Education Cooperation with PAUWES”. PAUWES offers graduate students access to leading academic research and the latest theoretical and hands-on training in areas vital to the future of Africa’s development – water, energy and the challenge of climate change. PAUWES 2 therefore focuses on institutional development and support to PAUWES graduates. Within this project, PAUWES strengthen his professional network of public, private and civil society actors.
Master Theses covering water as well as energy engineering and policy topics
(linked to ongoing research at PAUWES)
Key Activities and Events
• Support of Masters students at PAUWES in collaboration with partners.
• Summer schools on Water and Energy (2017 and 2018)
• Exchange of staff and students between PAUWES and the consortium partners.
• Networking conference to strengthen the links between research and practice in the energy, water and climate change nexus.
• Support in institutional development
Higher Education Partners
• Pan African University - Institute of Water and Energy Sciences(PAUWES)
• The Center for Development Research (ZEF) at the University of Bonn (UB)
• The United Nations University – Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS)
• The Institute for Technology and Resources Management in the Tropics and Subtropics (ITT) at the TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences)
• University of Tlemcen (UoT)
• Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) via Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
• German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)